Massachusetts Attorneys Specializing in Elder Law and Medicaid Planning
Are you anticipating long-term care of a loved one or wondering how to qualify for government health benefits?
We help families and elderly individuals overcome the complex issues with long-term care and medicaid planning. By working with us, you can expect an inclusive, one-on-one approach with each family member and healthcare provider involved.
As lawyers specializing in elder care, we help you:
- Preserve your (or your family member’s) assets with estate planning tailored to your unique situation
- Plan your financials to afford long-term care by obtaining Medicaid, Medicare or Veteran health benefits
- Enstate durable, medical or financial power of attorney
- Delegate decision-making to family members or other relations in case of incapacity
How we approach Elder Law and Medicaid Planning
Our primary focus is to implement safeguards for quality of life as you (or your loved one) grows older. We take a holistic approach to addressing long-term health needs, housing and financial planning. We work not only with you and family members, but all health care providers involved in the process: nursing homes, geriatric care managers, home care providers and more.
Our Elder Law services include:
- Preservation and transfer of assets when a spouse enters a nursing home
- Medicare claims and appeals
- Social security claims and appeals
- Supplemental and long-term health insurance coverage issues
- Conservatorships and guardianships
- Planning for disability claims
- Protecting your family member’s estate by creating individualized wills, living trusts, and durable power of attorney
Have questions? We’re happy to discuss these legal concern with you. Reach out to us by filling out the form on this page and we will contact you promptly!
How can an Elder Law Attorney help you obtain Medicaid benefits?
Our Medicaid Planning services include performing an extensive review of your financial, medical and family situation in order to determine the best course of action. Understanding Medicare rules (both in-state and federal) plays a large part in individual planning. By taking a full account of your situation, we can advise you on:
- Determining a spend-down scenario that will best serve your interests in saving money, protecting assets and financial security for spouses and family members
- Transferring “exempt assets” to chosen guardians or caregivers without experiencing penalties
- Calculating monthly allowances for spouses and health maintenance costs while in a nursing home
After careful and thorough consultation, we will assist you in qualifying for Medicaid benefits, paying for the cost of long-term care and helping to protect assets and savings.